Bormann, Martin Ludwig. “God Almighty from Obersalzberg”.

Back to all people

- Medals

governmentReichsleiterhitler confidants
Bormann, Martin, born 17-06-1900, in Halberstadt, Father Theodor Bormann was a trumpet player in a regiment and then a clerk in a post office. Martin later claimed that he was an “inspector of the postal service”. When Martin was three years old, his father died. His mother, Louise Gröbler, remarried her brother-in-law, Alfred Bormann, a bank manager. He had two half-siblings, Else and Walter Bormann, from his father’s earlier marriage to Louise Grobler, who died in 1898. Antonie Bormann gave birth to three sons, one of whom died in infancy. Martin (born 1900) and Albert   (born 1902) the later SS Gruppenführer and adjutant to Adolf Hitler survived to adulthood. Martin who had a Lutheran education and a bad relation with his father, dropped out of college and worked on a farm before volunteering in the German Army during the last few months of the First World War, but was not permitted, because of his young age and length. Later he joined the 55th Feldartillerie Regiment as a Mil Gunner, but never saw action.

From left to right: Martin Jr., Eicke, Irmgard, Gerhard, Heinrich, Eva, Little Gerda, and Fred Hartmut being held by mommy Gerda who looks like she was quite pregnant with the youngest Bormann kid, Joseph Volker, at the time. Missing from the plethora of offspring is Ehrengard-Eicke’s twin sister-who died shortly after birth.

After the war he joined the Rossbach Freikorps, where he fought with Rudolf Höss.
                 Gerard Rossbach.
Rudolf Höss was later the commandant of concentration camp Auschwitz and hanged, age 46, on 19-04-1946. The gallows was build near his house on the concentration camp ground. SS Hauptsturmführer, Josef Rudolf  Mengele
infamous for performing human experiments on camp inmates in Auschwitz, including children, for which Mengele was called the “Angel of Death”.
   Rudolf Höss.                                                                               Albert Schlageter.                          
Bormann was found guilty with Höss of murdering Walter Kadow, who had been accused of betraying saboteur Albert Leo Schlageter. However, he only spent a year in prison. Bormann saw Hitler for the first time in July 1926 during a manifestation of the then forbidden NSDAP and was inmiddiately impressed by him and joined the National Socialist German Workers Party on 19-02-1927, age 27, his number 60508. On 02-09-1929, Bormann married 19-year-old Gerda Buch whose father, Major Walter Buch,
   served as a chairman of the Nazi Party Court. Bormann had recently met Hitler, who agreed to serve as a witness at their wedding. Gerda Bormann would give birth to 10 children; one died shortly after birth. The children of Martin and Gerda Bormann were: Adolf Martin Bormann born 14-04-130; called Krönzi; named after his godfather Adolf Hitler, Ilse Bormann, born 09-07-1931; twin sister Ehrengard died after the birth; named after her godmother Ilse Hess, later called “Eike”, died 1958, Irmgard Bormann, born 25-07-1933, Rudolf Gerhard Bormann, born 31-08-1934; named after his godfather Rudolf Hess
 , Heinrich Hugo Bormann, born 13-06-1936; named after his godfather Heinrich Himmler, Eva Ute Bormann, born 04-08-1938, Gerda Bormann, born 23-10-1940, Fred Hartmut Bormann, born 04-03-1942, Volker Bormann born 18-09-1943, died 1946). Gerda Bormann Buchs born 23-10-1909 fled to Wolkenstein, twenty kilometres north east of Bolzano but would die of cancer on 23-04-1946, age 36 in Merano, Italy, and buried on the military cemetery together with a German soldier, in grave 610. Later she was removed, cremated and scattered in the sea. The eight children were adopted by the catholic clergyman Theodor Schmitz. All of Bormann’s children survived the war. Martin, who’s godmother was Ilse Hess Pröhl, Rudolf Hess’s wife, abandoned the Lutheran faith of his family and was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1953, but left the priesthood in the late 1960s. He married an ex-nun Rosemarie, nicknamed Cordula
     in 1971 and became a teacher of theology, living in Berchtesgaden. On 11-03-2013 he died, age 82, in Herdecke.
           Martin Jr with Adolf.
Without any obvious talents Bormann rose steadily in the Nazi hierarchy. In May 1941, the flight of Hess to Britain cleared the way for Bormann to become Head of the Party Chancellery that same month, age 40. Bormann proved to be a master of intricate political infighting. He also had a lover, the actress Manja Behrens,
  with her he spent more time than with his own family. Manja Behrens would die old age 88 on 18-01-2003, in Berlin. Bormann became party treasurer after Adolf Hitler (did you know) came to power in 1933 he appointed Bormann as national organizer of the party. His adjutant was SS Standartenführer, Wilhelm Zander. Zander made it through the Soviet Army encirclement of Berlin to the west. After the war ended, it was subsequently discovered that he had adopted the surname Paustin and worked as a gardener. He was captured under this name in the American occupation zone and as a consequence the copies of Hitler’s will and testament went into the hands of the American and British forces. In 1942 Bormann became Hitler’s secretary and was given the post of deputy führer. Bormann controlled all the papers Hitler saw and in this way he had a growing influence on government policy. He also sometimes blocked Josef Goebbels (did you know), Hermann Goering (did you know), Heinrich “Reichsheini” Himmler (did you know) and Albert Speer and Joachim von Ribbentrop and his influential wife Annelies von Ribbentrop-Henkell, from seeing Hitler (see Did you know). Rarely leaving headquarters his judgements were invariably wrong during the final stages of the war, Eva Braun (see Braun parents)
      hated him. Bormann took charge of all of Hitler’s paperwork, appointments and personal finances. Hitler came to have complete trust in Bormann and the view of reality he presented. During one meeting, Hitler was said to have screamed, “To win this war, I need Bormann!”
Else Mary Margarethe Krügerborn on 09-02-1915 in Hamburg-Altona, was Martin Bormann’s secretary (and, allegedly, mistress)     during World War II. She was in the Führerbunker during the Battle of Berlin. Krüger was with Eva Braun, Gerda Christian, Traudl Junge
, and Constanze Manziarly  who served as a cook/dietitian to Adolf Hitler until his final days in Berlin in 1945, when German dictator Adolf Hitler told them that they must prepare to leave for the Berghof like the others. However, Else Krüger instead volunteered to remain in the Berlin Führerbunker. She was there when Braun indicated that she would never leave Hitler’s side and they embraced. In a gesture of kindness, Hitler gave each of the women a cyanide capsule. Krüger left the Führerbunker on 01-05-1945 in a group led by Waffen-SS Brigadeführer Wilhelm Möhnke. On the morning of 2 May, the group was captured hiding in a cellar at the Schultheiss-Patzenhofer Brewery on Prinzenallee. After the war Else was interrogated by the British. She later married her British interrogator, Leslie James (1915-1995), on the 23-12-1947 in Wallasey, Cheshire UK. She lived under the name Else James in Wallasey. Leslie James became a university lecturer in England and later died 18-08-1995, age 80, in Staufen im Breisgau in Germany.
Some historians have suggested Bormann held so much power that, in some respects by 1945, he became Germany’s “secret leader” during the war. Bormann was invariably the advocate of extremely harsh, radical measures when it came to the treatment of Jews, of the conquered eastern peoples or prisoners of war. He signed the decree of 09-10-1942 prescribing that “the permanent elimination of the Jews (see Anne Frank  from the territories of Greater Germany can no longer be carried out by emigration but by the use of ruthless force in the special camps of the East.” A further decree, signed by Bormann on 01-07-1943, gave SS Obersturmbannführer, Adolf Eichmann, he was hanged in Israel, age 56, on 31-03-1962,  absolute powers over Jews, (see Simon Wiesenthal  who now came under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Gestapo.

Death and burial ground of Bormann, Martin Ludwig. God Almighty from Obersalzberg”.

  When it became clear that Germany would lose the World War II, Bormann attempted to break through the lines of the Red Army with Hitler’s driver SS Obersturmbanführer, Erich Kempka SS Brigadeführer, Wilhelm Mohnke,
SS Gruppenführer, States Secretary of the Reichsministry and right hand of Josef Goebbels, Werner Naumann, dr. Ludwig Stumpfegger and other. On 02-05-1945 at 23:00 hours the mass escape began. Moving in small groups, they proceeded underground, as planned, to the Friedrichstrasse station. Here they emerged to find the ruins of Berlin in flames, and Russian shells bursting everywhere around them. The first group managed to cross the river Spree by an iron footbridge that ran parallel to the Weidendammer Bridge. The remaining groups likewise emerged at the Friedrichstrasse Station, but there became confused and disoriented. They made their way north along the Friedrichstrasse to the Weidendammer Bridge , where they found their way blocked, at the bridge’s north end, by an anti-tank barrier and heavy Russian fire. They next withdrew to the south end of the bridge, where they were soon joined by a few German tanks. Gathering about the tanks, they again pressed forward. Bormann,  Arthur Axmann   head of the Hitler Youth after Baldur von Schirach    and SS Obersturmbannführer, Dr. Ludwig Stumpfegger, Hitler’s surgeon,
and others followed the lead tanks as far as the Ziegelstrasse. There a panzerfaust struck the lead tank. The violent explosion stunned Bormann and Stumpfegger, and wounded Axmann. All retreated to the Weidendammer Bridge. Now it was every man for himself. Bormann, Stumpfegger, Axmann, and others followed the tracks of surface railway to the Lehrter station. There Bormann and Stumpfegger decided to follow the Invalidestrasse east. Axmann elected to go west, but encountered a Russian patrol and returned on the path Bormann and Stumpfegger had taken. He soon found them. Behind the bridge, where the Invalidestrasse crosses the railroad tracks, they lay on their backs, the moonlight on their faces. Both were dead. Axmann could see no signs of an explosion, and assumed that they had been shot in the back. He continued on his way, escaping from Berlin and spending the next six months hiding out with the Hitler Youth in the Bavarian Alps, where he was eventually captured. On 07-12-1972 when construction workers uncovered human remains, pointed out by the man who buried the two bodies on 08-05-1945, Albert Krummnow, a post office official, see position 2 on the photo below, position 1 was the suspected spot which was a mistake as Krumnow could tell. The identity papers discovered on one of the bodies identified it as Stumpfegger. The dental work and a healed broken collar bone was strong evidence that the second body was Bormann. Fragments of glass found in the two men’s jawbones led to the conclusion that they committed suicide via cyanide capsules on 02-05-1945. The sightings proved to be flights of fantasy that Bormann had flew to Argentina.
   DNA taken from the remains of a body found close to where Bormann was seen trying to escape when the Red Army invaded Berlin in May 1945, confirmed he died there, age 44.
   A  test on a skull thought to be Bormann’s in 1998 found the remains compatible with his son’s and the mystery was over. He had died just hours after Hitler. His family refused to have anything to do with the bones so they lay in a cardboard box in the cellar of the District Prosecutor in Frankfurt for years. Then on 16-08-1999 the remains were cremated and  Martin Bormann Jr. was permitted to scatter his father’s ashes in the Baltic Sea outside German territorial limits. The cremation and burial cost the German Government $4.700.
View looking north from the center of the now-deserted Invalidienstrasse bridge. Railroad tracks formerly ran through this overgrown gully. Sheds on the right (apparently post-war) sheltered waiting passengers. It was here that Artur Axmann found the bodies of Martin Bormann and Ludwig Stumpfegger. 

Message(s), tips or interesting graves for the webmaster:



Share on :





    Very good. Except for the “Martin Bormann Theory”… It is difficult to explain away that the “Bormann skull bones” which is well documented were covered by South American (Paraguayan) red clay… How on earth could that be? Your theory, thus, has to be false, IMO.

    You don´t mention any of the photos of Bormann, we have at least 2 from Bolivia, one of the 50s, one of the 60s. Not “worth” mentioning, these claims? Furthermore, Belgian former pro-Nazi organizer, Paul van Aerschodt, who we know lived in La Paz Bolivia running a restaurant for years, says he met Bormann 4 times, as ´Augustin von Lembach´ ( a catholic priest). Why would van Aerschodt claim this? He was well into Nazi Circles in Bolivia, and also met with Klaus Barbie (´Altmann´) several times in La Paz. Ever seen the 2 Bormann photograhs?

    And what about the documents? Government fakes? It has been proven that one of Bormann´s around 10 aliases was also Eliezer Goldstein, with which he (disguised as a priest) entered Argentina in 1948. Are you suggesting that the Argentinian Gov. document is a forgery? … You do not mention, either, the name Eliana Keller, Chilean. She has testified she was adopted as a toddler by Bormann – and has been thoroughly interviewed and filmed.

    Another quite credible leads are in Paraguay… Ant not only from the Paraguayan reddish clay of province Itó…

    My alternative theory is – of course – extreme. But that was exactly what the classical Nazis were:

    Martin Bormann´s oldest daughter Ilse (´Eike´), b. 9.7.1931 – is nowhere to be located as to place of death, burial… Our sources claim that of Bormann´s 9 children surviving WW2, ´Eike´was the only one that he had transferred over to South America. Allegedly, she died in 1958 – aged only 26 yrs. The Berlin Nazis were extreme famatics, and on several occasions they managed to fake deaths, burials… And so, the best option that I can see is that Bormann also “played in”. He was a billionaire in the south… The time span 1958-72 fits perfectly in for a skull; an exhumation. And he may have had a duplicate of his set of teeth made to be attached to his oldest daughter´s cranium… Bizarre as it sounds, of course, but to me, we know Bormann was alive as late as 1973-74 (in Buenos Aires). Why German forensic pathologists failed to distinguish a female´s skull bone structures from a male´s (they said it resembled Bormanns son´s) – I wouldn´t have a clue. But they did. And the DNA follow-up… the techniques of those periods neither 1972 or 1998 – do not match today´s methods qualities.

    Spanish Nazi agent Angel de Velasco – to me, a credible eyewitness says he helped Bormann out of Europe… This he said almost 30 yrs after WW2. Why on earth would he – and it was decades later, when everyone of the older were gone. He was well retired by then.

    Martin Bormann, he says, died in 1978.

    The above mentioned arguments – none worth mentioning for you? Governmental documents – and some even with the photograph of Martin Bormann in Argentina, Paraguay – intentional frauds? How on earth could that be? Several have testified as to their authenticity.

    We know that both Artur Axmann, Erich Kempka and others – lied. We know that most likely Heinz Linge – lied. They were extreme fanatics. And in the final months they were dreaming of establishing a Fourth Reich down south…

    Martin Bormann was quite lucky to escape Berlin, that is correct… But everything is pointing way away from your “official” narrative.

    Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *