Blaschke, Hugo Johannes, born 14-11-1881 in Neustadt and studied dentistry in Berlin and at the University of Pennsylvania. Blaschke, whose father was a master carpenter, finished his schooling in Berlin with the Abitur. After he had completed in 1900 as a volunteer military service, he completed a commercial apprenticeship in Berlin, Paris and Geneva. From 1907 to 1911 he studied dentistry in Philadelphia and after oral surgery in London. The study, he finished as “Dr. dent. surg “. After Blaschke lived back in Berlin, where he was active in the dental practice an imperial Hofzahnarztes. At the First World War he took first as an instructor and finally as a dentist and oral surgeon in hospitals in part. After the war he took over a dental practice and worked as a dentist on the Kurfürstendamm. Blaschke enjoyed an excellent reputation as a dentist. From the autumn of 1930 could be treated on Hermann Goering, he joined the Nazi party in 1931, number 432.082 and then the SS. As well as Adolf Hitler (did you know), he also treated Eva Braun (see Braun parents), Joseph Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler. Blaschke was awarded the War Merit Cross with Swords, 1st and 2nd class. Blaschke was finally up to the spring of 1945 Hitler attending dentist. Hitler was extremely pleased with Blaschke treatment. Hitler once insisted simple root-canal work was spread over eight days because he couldn’t stand the pain. Blaschke received on the instructions of Hitler initially the title of “Dr. med “, as his acquired in the U.S. doctorate was not recognized in Germany. As of June 1943 Blaschke could have the title of professor. During World War II Blaschke was appointed to the Supreme dentist at the Reich SS doctor in late August 1943 He was interrogated by the Americans after the war about Hitler’s dental treatment in the hope that this would lead to the identification of his remains. Blaschke’s former dental office on Kurfürstendamm was taken after the liberation from National Socialism of the Jewish dentist Fedor Bruck. Bruck it was several years succeeded in hiding in Berlin and so to avoid deportation. A piece of advice to take over the practice, he got by Käthe Heusermann.
that was Blaschke’s dental assistant since 1937. Bruck had previously Heusermann visited in Berlin, as it was in turn been Brucks assistant in Legnica before 1937. In the presence Brucks heard members of the NKVD Heusermann to determine by their statement that Hitler’s bite with certainty. Heusermann was then brought in the absence of dental records to the Reich Chancellery where they could identify parts of a set of teeth than that of Hitler. Both Heusermann and Blaschke’s former dental technician, Fritz Echtmann were then up in the 1950s to the Soviet Union because they could testify clearly Hitler’s death. He stated that he fitted a large dental bridge to Hitler’s upper jaw in 1933 and that on 10-11-1944 he carried out surgery to cut off part of the bridge due to a gum infection that was causing Hitler severe toothache . In May 1945 Soviet officers showed a dental bridge to Blaschke’s technician Fritz Echtmann and his dental assistant Käthe Heusermann and they both identified it as being Hitler’s. Blaschke also reconstructed the dental records of Martin Bormann from memory and these were later used to identify his skeletal remains which were discovered in Berlin in 1972.
Death and burial ground of Blaschke Hugo Johannes.
After his release from captivity in 1948 Blaschke, as part of the denazification he was subsequently classified as a “fellow traveler” and continued to practice as a dentist in Nuremberg where he died age 78 on 15-09-1960. Blaschke is in a dissertation of Dr. med described as ambivalent personality. On the one hand Blaschke was a close confidant of Hitler, who was also appreciated by SS bigwigs. In his capacity as a member of the department “Reich SS und Polizei” he was involved in the formation of dental stations in a concentration camp and possibly also related dental gold of murdered Jews for his dental procedures. There is a document which proves that Blaschke was the owner of a 50 kg teeth gold supply and when the U.S prosecutor asked him if his dentists in the camps had pulled out the teeth of the death Jews, he just answered: That’s why we are here, or not. On the other hand, it should Blaschke paralyzed his Jewish landlord, in whose villa he lived while bomb attacks have brought to Berlin to safety. During his process he met the charismatic secretary of the Military court Erna Böbel. This well to do lady is crazy of Blaschke and after they married she supported him as much as possible. Hugo Blaschke died age 78 on 15-09-1960 in Nuremberg and is buried on the St. Peter cemetery in Nuremberg, but the gravestone stood till 1977 and the graveside is since 1980 occupied by the family Gossler, his remains left. Leif Stjerna from Sweden sent me information and the grave photo’s.