Henrici, Hans, born 15-01-1895 in Hagen, Westphalia, entered after the end of his high school years and the outbreak of the First World War on 04 -08-1914 as a volunteer in the reserve battalion of the Infantry Regiment “Prince Frederick of the Netherlands”
(2nd Westphalian) No. 15
of the Prussian Army. On 10-10-1914 he was then transferred to the reserve battalion of Hohenzollern’s Foot Artillery Regiment No. 13, and then served from January 1916 with the 247th, 246th and 360th Artillery Battery on the Western Front.
He was promoted to corporal on 12-05-1915 and promoted to sergeant on 06-05-1916. On 11-11-1916 he was appointed Fahnenjunker and transferred to training in the reserve battalion of the Foot Artillery Regiment “General Feldzeugmeister” (Brandenburg) No. 3. With this Henrici was back in March 1917 at the front, where he was promoted to Hauptmann on 14-06-1917 and on 18-08-1917 to leutnant. After illness-related hospital stay from October 1917 to March 1918 he returned in April 1918 to the replacement battalion. From 26-07-1918 he was artillery instructor for looters in Metz. He was taken ill in hospital from 03-10-1917 until 02-04-1918. He ended the war as an instructor to Firing Grounds Longuyon. He was allowed in the new 10 divisions Reichswehr
8 infrantry and 2 cavalry division and with the outbreak of World War II he as an Oberst, was commander of the 1st
Battalion of the 13th
Artillery Regiment, to 30-09-1939.
He was assigned as commander of the 13th
until 03-11-1939 and transferred to the Army weapons Office to 01-02-1940. He was now assigned as Chief of Department of the Army Weapons Office to 01-08-1940. He became the Office Group Chief of the OKH Army Weapons Office, until 08-05-1945 and not a real battlefield General in Allied captivity until Mai 1947.
Death and burial ground of Henrici, Hans
Released from prison he retired in Arnsberg-Neheim, where he at the age of 65 died, on 23-04-1960, Generalmajor Henrici is buried on the local cemetery of Arnsberg-Neheim.