Stutterheim, Wolff von, born 17-01-1893 in Königsberg, entered the Army Service, age 19, on 01-04-1912 as a Fahnenjunker in the Kaiser Alexander Guards Grenadier Regiment. He was in the fields with this regiment as a platoon leader and soon wounded in hospital , from 06-05-1914 to 13-10-1914. Again, now severely, wounded in hospital from Mai 1915 to 21-06-1935, later from 23-07-19 to august 1915 and severely from 27-08-1915 until 28-02-1916. On 24-12-1918 he fell from his horse and was again severely wounded in hospital. Von Stuttersheim was wounded retired from the service on 20-05-1920 and remained in the hospital and sanatorium until 1923. He returned to the university in Munich for a study as forest assessor. Von Stutterheim reactivated in the Luftwaffe on 01-07-1935 as a major and Officer with Special Duties of the RLM. With the outbreak of World War II he as a Major General was the commander of the III Group of the 77th Bomber Wing until 21-09-1939. Commander of the 77th Bomber Wing and landed in the Führer Reserve OKL (see Adolf Hitler) (did you know) until 30-05-1940. Again Commodore of the 77th Bomber Wing to 01-08-1940. The unlucky von Stutterheim was again severely wounded in a hospital in Berlin, Gauleiter of Berlin was Josef Goebbels (did you know), from 15-06-1940, after a aerial combat over France. Alas von Stutterheim didn’t survive his wounds and died in hospital, age 47, on 03-12-1940.
Death and burial ground of Stutterheim, Wolff von.
He is buried on the famous cemetery Invalidenfriedhof in Berlin, close to the Brandenburger Tor. Only steps away the graves of the head of the Gestapo, Reinhard Heydrich, Armament minister, Fritz Todt
Armaments Minister, Generaloberst der Infanterie, Chef Artillerie Regiment, Werner Fritsch, General der Flieger, Chief of the Reichs Air Force Ministry, Carl Gablenz, Vice Admiral, naval commandant for Belgium and the Netherlands, Lothar von Arnaud de la Periere, Hauptman of the Wehrmacht, Wolfgang Fürstner the commander of the Olympic village in 1936, Generaloberst der Panzertruppe, Kommandeur der 16th Panzerdivision Hans Hube. The 16th Panzer Division was formed in November 1940 from the 16th Panzer Division. It was transferred to Romania in December where it was used as a training unit under the name Lehrstab R II and was a reserve unit during the Balkans campaign. It fought on the southern sector of the Eastern front starting June 1941 until January 1943 when it was destroyed at Stalingrad.