Adolph, Ernst, born 08-04-1873 in Heinde, entered the Army Service in 13-03-1894, as a Fahnenjunker. During the first war he was high decorated officer and ended World War I as Chief of Staff of Special Purpose General Command 59. Ernst Adolph stayed in the 100.000 men Reichwehr, until he retired in 1928. Placed to the disposal of the army in 1935, he applied again and became the rank of Generalmajor, on 01-02-1941. Temporary Commandant of the Troop Exercise Grounds Bergen-Belsen, Bergen Belsen would become a “famous” place with their terrible concentration camp.
Anne Frank with her sister Margot, as innocent victims, died only weeks before the end of the war, only because they were Jewish. Adolph was Field Commander of the 755th Infantry Regiment, under Generalleutnant der Artillerie, Friedrich Wilhelm Hauck
in Le Mans in France, in June 1940. Being the Wehrmacht Commander of Dniepropehovsk in Russia from 01-02-1942 until 31-04-1942, he in the age of 69, retired. He lived after the war in Goslar, the same town as were Generaloberst der Panzertruppe, Oberbefehler B 2nd Panzer Armee
, Heinz William Guderian
and his sons, Major Heinz Günther Guderian
and Hauptmann Kurt
Panzergruppe Guderian wore a large ‘G’ on every tank,
truck or motorcycle
and 2nd Panzer Armee
surrendered in Austria at the end of the war.
Death and burial ground of Adolph, Ernst.
Ernst Adolph lived in Goslar and he died there at the old age of 82, on 02-06-1955. Ernst Adolph is buried on the Goslar Cemetery, at the Hildesheimerstrasse, not far from the grave of Generaloberst, Heinz Guderian
and his sons and SS Obergruppenführer, Walter Ricardo Darré
General der Panzertruppe, Kommandeur der 20th Panzer Division , Mortimer von Kessel
. The 20th
Panzer Division was formed on 15-10-1940 in Erfuhrt. As part of Adolf Hitler’s
(did you know
) plans to double the number of Panzer Divisions, the 19th
Infantry Division and a number of other units were cannibalized for men and material, and then restructured into the 20th
Panzer Division. Their home station was in Gotha, it was primarily made up of Hessians. It fought exclusively against the soviet Union between June 1941 and May 1945. Some divisional elements surrendered to the Soviets near Teplice-Sanov, whilst the rest, including elements of Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 20.
managed to surrender to the Americans at Rokycany, but they were soon handed over to the Soviets. 27 soldiers of the 20th
Panzer Division were awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross
. Also buried here, Generalmajor der Infanterie and the last Kommandeur der 10th Panzer Grenadier Division , Karl Kossmann
The division finally surrendered to the Soviets in Czechoslovakia at the end of the war.
Share on :